Fingerling Potato Leek Hash with Swiss Chard and Eggs
Thanks to our customer Hillary Barraza for sharing this yummy recipe link!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced trimmed Swiss chard (about 1 bunch)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add leek; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and garlic; cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Add chard; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Using a spoon, push potato mixture aside to make 4 egg-size spaces. Crack 1 egg into each space; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika over eggs. Cover and cook 3 minutes; sprinkle cheese over potato mixture. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until egg yolks are lightly set.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups potato mixture and 1 egg)
Preparation: 1 hour, 30 minutes
See also: Fingerling Potato-Leek Hash with Swiss Chard and Eggs
Jeanne Kelley, Cooking Light