- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Kale
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 lemon wedges
Bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, saute 4 minute or until tender. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine cook 1 minute or until the liquid is nearly absorbed stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low; stir in Kale. Add broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of the broth is absorbed before adding the next portion (about 25 minutes). Stir in cheese and pepper.
Serve with lemon wedges, and enjoy!
Thanks to our customer Hillary Barraza for sharing this yummy recipe link!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced trimmed Swiss chard (about 1 bunch)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add leek; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and garlic; cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Add chard; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Using a spoon, push potato mixture aside to make 4 egg-size spaces. Crack 1 egg into each space; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika over eggs. Cover and cook 3 minutes; sprinkle cheese over potato mixture. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until egg yolks are lightly set.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups potato mixture and 1 egg)
Preparation: 1 hour, 30 minutes
See also: Fingerling Potato-Leek Hash with Swiss Chard and Eggs
Jeanne Kelley, Cooking Light