Thanks to our customer Hillary Barraza for sharing this yummy recipe link!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced trimmed Swiss chard (about 1 bunch)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add leek; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and garlic; cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Add chard; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Using a spoon, push potato mixture aside to make 4 egg-size spaces. Crack 1 egg into each space; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika over eggs. Cover and cook 3 minutes; sprinkle cheese over potato mixture. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until egg yolks are lightly set.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups potato mixture and 1 egg)
Preparation: 1 hour, 30 minutes
See also: Fingerling Potato-Leek Hash with Swiss Chard and Eggs
Jeanne Kelley, Cooking Light
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Kale
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 lemon wedges
Bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, saute 4 minute or until tender. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine cook 1 minute or until the liquid is nearly absorbed stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low; stir in Kale. Add broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of the broth is absorbed before adding the next portion (about 25 minutes). Stir in cheese and pepper.
Serve with lemon wedges, and enjoy!