Organic Recipes: From our Farm to your Kitchen
Here you'll find organic recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation, and from friends and customers alike. Browse through recipes, holiday ideas, and storage tips in our Kitchen section.
If you have a recipe of your own which you\'d like to share, please contact us and send it to us!
Showing: All Recipes
- 2 cups cauliflower flowerets
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped (I usually use only 1 or 2)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted (You can also use cream and chicken bullion instead of the creamed soup)
- 1 cup cream or half& half 8 oz. cubed cheese (your choice of flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp pepper Paprika
Arrange cauliflower, celery and carrot in steamer basket over boiling water. Steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, then drain.
Cook soup and cream or half & half in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Stir in cheese until melted. Add steamed veggies, salt and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with paprika and serve. Amazing!
Yield: 4 cups
- 4 large beets
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large rutabaga (Swedish turnip)
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 10 cups of veggie stock or water
- salt and pepper, to taste
This borscht recipe is delicious, nutritious, and guaranteed to warm any belly on a cold winters night. It's my own recipe so I hope you enjoy it!
1) Chop up all the veggies.
2) In a large pot, saute onion, celery, dill, parsley, and garlic in vinegar on high heat.
3) Slowly add stock/water and bring to a boil. Add beets, rutabaga, cabbage, carrots, and tomato.
4) Cover and let simmer until root vegetables become tender (about 20 minutes).
5) Enjoy! Add salt and pepper if you wish.
Can also be served with dollop of vegan sour cream or plain yogurt if you wish.
Serves: many, many people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 package vegan Ramen noodles, broken into bits
- chopped or shredded cabbage
- sunflower seeds
- almond slivers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar (I use mostly cider and a little red wine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 Ramen seasoning packets
Make the dressing with the olive oil, vegan sugar, vinegar, and seasoning packets all nice and stirred up.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 3 slices green pepper
- 2 slices each red and yellow pepper
- 1 full slice of an onion
- 1/2 cup broccoli and cauliflower florets
- pico de gallo
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- 3 pieces romaine, green leaf, or red leaf lettuce
Mash the avocado in a bowl. Chop 1 slice of green pepper and half the onion slice and add these to the avocado. Season to taste with lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt, thus making raw guacamole. Cut the remaining peppers into long pieces.
To assemble, put a layer of guacamole down, followed by the pico, peppers, onion, broccoli, and cauliflower. Top with salsa and fold in the back and roll up sides.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- oat sprouts
- wheat sprouts
- 1 banana
- apple juice (optional)
Put about two tablespoons of cranberries in some apple juice (or water or orange juice) to soak.
Take a handful of oat sprouts and a few handfuls of wheat sprouts (or depending on your taste), and mix them together in a bowl.
Peel one banana and mash in the bowl with the sprouts. Mix until you have a crunchy sprout banana consistency. You may have to add more sprouts.
Add cranberries (but not apple juice) and eat!
Preparation time: 10 minutes