- eggplant (size and number depends on amount of people to be served)
Clean and slice eggplant into quarter of an inch slices, lengthwise.
Brush eggplant slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with chopped basil and rosemary. Grill the eggplant slices, either in a skillet, or on the grill outside. Whichever works best! They grill fast and can stick, so make sure to brush grill with olive oil and watch closely.
This recipe also works beautifully for squash and zucchini!
Serves: 4 (depends on size of eggplant)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole grain corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons light tasting olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C)
- Combine water & soy milk in small bowl
- In large bowl, combine both of the flours, the baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- Stir in the milk mixture until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil a skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are bubbly on top and edges are slightly dry looking. Turn and cook until pancakes are browned. Transfer to a baking sheet to keep warm in the preheated oven (cover them with tinfoil) while cooking the remaining batter. Serve warm with all natural (no sugar added) blueberry jam.
Preparation time: 25 minutes