Honey-Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 large butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
2. Place squash halves, cut sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds, or until butter melts. Stir to combine. Brush half of honey mixture over cut sides of squash, and reserve remaining honey mixture.
3. Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 deg F for 1 hour or until tender.
4. Carefully place squash, cut sides up, on cutting board. Halve squash lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into thirds. Place squash on a platter. Heat reserved butter mixture in microwave at HIGH for 20 seconds.
5. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over squash. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and parsley. Add a garnish of parsley on the side to accent the beautiful colors of the squash.
6. Serve, and enjoy!
Preparation time: 1 hour, 30 minutes