Organic Recipes: From our Farm to your Kitchen
Here you'll find organic recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation, and from friends and customers alike. Browse through recipes, holiday ideas, and storage tips in our Kitchen section.
If you have a recipe of your own which you\'d like to share, please contact us and send it to us!
Showing: All Recipes
Thanks to our customer Cassondra Phillipsen for sharing this recipe with us!
- 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
Sweet Chili Lime Sauce:
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- 1 bunch collard greens (middle stem removed, washed)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
Combine all quinoa ingredients in a pot with a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. Drain tofu and cut into thin triangles.
Cook tofu in a frying pan (with no oil needed) until golden brown on each side. Combine the tofu and the sauce together on medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
Cook the collard greens in a pot. Layer each plate with quinoa, collard greens, tofu, and drizzle some extra sauce over the top.
Serve, and enjoy!
Slice the potatoes (skins on if you prefer) thinly and boil until almost done. Drain and set aside.
Cook sausages according to specifications, and slice into chunks. Combine them with the baked beans in a casserole dish. Layer the potatoes on top, covering everything underneath. depending on your casserole dish, you may need more potato.
In a separate pan, heat the oil on medium heat, and fry the chopped onion until soft. Add 1/4 of the soymilk and once hot, whisk the flour in slowly. Then add the rest of the soymilk while stirring. Once gently bubbling, take the pan off the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly, then pour the milky sauce over the potatoes and bake in a 220 degree centigrade (425 Fahrenheit) oven for 20-30 minutes, until brown and bubbly.
Kids love this one, but I'll confess, I'm 22 and make this for myself all the time!
Serves: 6 +
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp mild flavored olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1/2 tsp. bottled garlic puree)
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 small tomato
In skillet (preferably cast iron), place oil, onion, garlic, and 1/4 c. water. Cover and cook over medium heat until onions are transparent. Meanwhile, wash kale and separate from ribs. Chop the kale leaves and add to the skillet. Saute 5 minutes or until kale wilts and turns deep green. Meanwhile, dice the tomato (you can seed it if you like, or add it seeds and all). Add to kale and cook until tomato begins to release its juice and the dish is hot.
Serve over brown rice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 large butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
2. Place squash halves, cut sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place honey and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds, or until butter melts. Stir to combine. Brush half of honey mixture over cut sides of squash, and reserve remaining honey mixture.
3. Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 deg F for 1 hour or until tender.
4. Carefully place squash, cut sides up, on cutting board. Halve squash lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into thirds. Place squash on a platter. Heat reserved butter mixture in microwave at HIGH for 20 seconds.
5. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over squash. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and parsley. Add a garnish of parsley on the side to accent the beautiful colors of the squash.
6. Serve, and enjoy!
Preparation time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- eggplant (size and number depends on amount of people to be served)
Clean and slice eggplant into quarter of an inch slices, lengthwise.
Brush eggplant slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with chopped basil and rosemary. Grill the eggplant slices, either in a skillet, or on the grill outside. Whichever works best! They grill fast and can stick, so make sure to brush grill with olive oil and watch closely.
This recipe also works beautifully for squash and zucchini!
Serves: 4 (depends on size of eggplant)
Preparation time: 15 minutes